Please check this page often for notices and updates concerning Connection services and other events.
Friday, Aug 14, 2020
Out of abundant concern both for your wellbeing and that of our community, we have reached the decision to pause in-person meetings for the next two Sundays (August 16 & 23) to be certain that we do not contribute to the spread of COVID.
Saturday, Aug 8, 2020
We have had someone in the building this week who was exposed to multiple family members who have since tested positive for COVID-19 and they are now showing symptoms. We have sanitized the building since then but we wanted to make sure you had all the information you needed to make a decision that is best for you and your family.
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
We have so many reasons to be thankful to God. For one thing, we can be thankful that COVID has not impacted us here as horribly as it could have. Another reason to be thankful is that we can once again gather together in person for church services!
Sunday, May 31 (that’s the Sunday after Memorial Day) will be the first Sunday when our 1332 Feise location will again be open to all Connection attenders to come for worship and fellowship.
If you are able and willing to attend, please be mindful of these details and limitations:
- We will offer one in-person service, at 10am;
- We will NOT be offering children’s ministry, but children are welcome in the service;
- Seating is arranged with social distancing guidelines in mind;
- We’re optimistic that one service will cover our current needs. Please be patient with our ushers as they assist you to your seats. We do have overflow areas ready as needed;
- We invite you to bring your own communion, but some will be available if needed;
- We will not be offering hospitality (aka no coffee!) so please plan accordingly!
We are doing all we can to provide a clean, safe environment for worship, and we ask for your help in the following ways:
- Please do not to attend if you have a fever or other possible COVID symptoms;
- We ask you to maintain social distancing of 6 feet at all times;
- Please make use of the hand sanitizer which is available throughout the building;
- Masks are suggested but not required;
- If you have any concerns or health issues, we strongly recommend you remain at home and participate with our online service.
Please reach out if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, needs, or just want to talk. Lord willing we’ll see each other soon!
Monday, May 4, 2020
As the State of Missouri begins easing COVID restrictions, CCC leadership has been planning for how we will resume our in-person gatherings. We want to ensure that we have the best precautions in place to protect one another and our community before we reopen our building to everyone. At the same time, we recognize how difficult this time has been as we have been cut off and isolated from one another. We know the Lord made us to be together in worship and community.
We are taking a phased approach to opening the building, and we are working to do this quickly and safely. You’ll see more details in the coming weeks, and we hope and expect resume in-person meetings soon.
In the meantime, would you do three things? Keep praying. Second, keep engaging in our online services, children's resources, and online student gatherings. Third, connect with your neighbors, friends, family, and Connection family. Feel free to invite them to our online services if they do not have a church family.
Please reach out if you need anything and Lord willing we will see one another soon!
Monday, March 16, 2020
In light of the newest guidance of no events of more than 50 people, we have decided to suspend in-person Sunday morning worship services until further notice.
We will of course continue to offer our online service each Sunday. Please note that we will offer one online live service at 10am on Sunday.
You can access our live Sunday service at ConnectionChristian.org/messages/live.
You can also access past weeks’ services and messages at ConnectionChristian.org/messages.
Many of us are wondering when we will be able to gather again to worship. Know that we are evaluating that each week. We are also exploring creative options to keep all of us connected.
Connection, thank you for your positive spirit of faith and your flexibility during this time. Please reach out if you need help, and thank you to so many who have offered to help. Together, and with the Lord, we will get through this.
Saturday, March 14, 2020
We are holding services at 9a and 10:30a Sunday morning (3/15/20). We trust you to make the best choice for you and your family. Should you not feel comfortable coming, we understand, and we encourage you to watch our services live or watch them here later.
Know that if you should decide to attend, we have employed several safeguards with your family's safety in mind. Please see the previous post below from Thursday for safety procedures we are employing.
Are we going to be meeting in the coming weeks?
We are paying close attention to and following both the CDC and St. Charles County Health Department recommendations, and understand that we may not be able to meet in the coming weeks.
Please continue to check this page for future updates or cancellations.
Thursday, March 12, 2020
No doubt you’ve heard about all the canceled events, suspended sports seasons, and schools going to online classes in a quest to keep this illness from spreading and doing more harm than it already has. You may be wondering what Connection will be doing in the coming weeks.
Connection’s leadership cares about your health, physical as well as spiritual, so we are paying close attention to the advice given by the CDC and then locally to the St. Charles County Department of Public Health. Here is what we’re doing right now, and what we advise you do.
• Sunday services will continue on our normal schedule. If you are unable to attend services for whatever reason, remember we do livestream our services at 9 and 10:30a every Sunday. The sermon and service recordings are also available later at connectionchristian.org/messages and online giving is available at connectionchristian.org/give-online.
• If you are sick, feel ill, or have a fever, we ask that you stay home for your own and everyone else’s wellbeing. Please consider the CDC recommendations if you are in a higher risk group: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications.html
• Disinfection has increased in our facilities as well. Our building is already cleaned thoroughly weekly. Due to concerns about COVID-19, our cleaning service and volunteers are disinfecting surfaces and handles on a more frequent basis as well.
• Communion will still be served at our services. We already employ stringent practices in the preparation of communion, and will continue to do so. We are also considering how we can distribute and share communion together in a way that mitigates any possible contagion.
• Our Children’s Ministry team asks that if your child has a fever, cough, illness, diarrhea, or a rash that you not check them into the Children’s Wing.
• Our Connection Café team knows how important coffee and snacks are! They’re looking at ways to continue to make that available in a way that is as safe and clean as always.
In times like this when so many things seem to be going badly, it’s good to remember that God still loves us, Jesus is still Lord, and the encouragement and presence of the Holy Spirit are still real things. Your church family is real, too, and so please reach out if you have a need too big for you that we can all help carry.
So wash your hands, cough in your elbow, and we hope to see you Sunday!